Canada, Quebec, MontréalService-Conseil
Moov AI, an independent, Montreal-based company, has been bringing the power of artificial intelligence & machine learning to businesses of all sizes since 2018. Our mission is to make AI accessible across Quebec.
If, as a Data Developer, you are looking to evolve your career towards consultation and the development of infrastructure supporting artificial intelligence, and, simultaneously, join a team that is building an organization that supports self-management and staying true to yourself, we have an interesting opportunity for you.
Being a Data Developer at Moov AI
As a data developer in the AI Solutions team, you find joy in building the data infrastructure that supports and enables our AI solutions. You love collaboration in multi-disciplinary teams including data scientists and you are enthusiastic at the idea of learning the technologies necessary to operate these solutions in multiple different client environments. You feel profound satisfaction when the solution your team developed is robust and brings value to the client.
Your typical day at Moov AI
You build data pipelines and data systems while working with your colleagues to deploy AI systems in production in the client’s infrastructure. You work with a data scientist and an Agile project manager; together, you form a trio of experts that delivers a project to a business. Over the course of the mandate, the team will evaluate the client’s business context and data to determine and define the anticipated impact; you’ll then design a solution that depends on an AI model and you will be responsible for the surrounding data infrastructure. Overall, you spend most of your time coding while also advising and guiding your client.
Your career at Moov AI
You’ll experience a wide range of industries, functions and clients; you’ll change jobs without changing employers. AI solutions developed by Moov AI have led to the reduction of food waste by a major grocer; have improved the STM’s traffic prediction model; and have allowed an international aerospace company to better predict motor maintenance. That’s the kind of use cases we do that should hold your interest.
Beyond your title at Moov AI
You have the opportunity to exercise your leadership in many spheres of the business. Together, we’re building a Teal organization that favours power distribution and decision-making in a safe and healthy environment. What that means is that you can contribute to other functions (for instance, remuneration, training, even strategic decision-making) to realize your full potential — because you’re more than just a developer.
In short, as a member of the Moov AI team, you have the opportunity to experience and have an impact on many things in AI as well as in the development of a post-conventional organization.
What Moov AI brings you
Moov AI is a different kind of business, with clear values that we pursue daily. Ultimately, we want each individual to show up at the office as their authentic self, without having to wear an “professional persona.”
- Our offices are located in the vibrant Plateau Mont-Royal neighbourhood in Montreal.
- We have a hybrid office/remote work model. (Note: in the Covid-19 context, work is currently performed remotely according to Quebec’s official health measures.)
- You have access to a competitive group insurance.
- You manage your calendar, for instance your days off, keeping in mind the needs of your teams, your clients and your deliverables.
- Family comes first.
- You personally contribute to setting businesses up for success through the practical application of AI. Together, we are transforming Quebec.
What you bring the team
At Moov AI, data developers first objective is to deliver the data infrastructure that will support our AI solutions, so as to deliver strong impact on our client’s business.
- You are an ace at developing batch data processing applications.
- You have experience with programming languages such as Python
- You are familiar with SQL, data modeling principles and how to apply them in your daily work.
- You have experience and practical knowledge of relational or NoSQL databases
- You have experience in orchestrating data processing applications
- You have a general understanding of different data storage formats (JSON, XML, etc.)
- You are familiar with monitoring data processing applications.
- You have already collaborated in the design of data processing solution architectures that integrate with different enterprise systems.
- You have a good knowledge of concepts and practices related to Machine Learning.
- You are fluent in French and English. You communicate well with your team, and are able to communicate your expertise and decisions to a non-technical audience.
- You are able to communicate well with your team, and are able to communicate your expertise and decisions to a non-technical audience.
We want to get to know you
At Moov AI, we encourage any person who wants to meet the challenges of artificial intelligence to apply. We’re committed to building an inclusive team that represents a diversity of perspectives in a caring and transparent work environment.